Monday, June 27, 2011

Edmond Trip!!

Just another Friday chasing after the girls, putting up laundry, checking emails, loading the dishwasher and my husband came home in the middle of the afternoon. I first thought someone was trying to break in so I ran to the door. Why? I don't know? What was I going to do? ha ha  Then I heard a key so I knew it had to be my husband, but why was he home? He came in and said he just wanted to spend the day with us. He hasn't been at his new job for too long so I thought it was a little weird for him to take a day off. He asked me to come into the living room and said we needed to talk. I said oh no Ty! Did you get fired? You got fired!? Oh no! He calmed me down and said he had not been fired!! Whew!! He told me had planned a trip for me to go see my friends in Edmond! It has been over a year since I've been able to go so I was beyond ecstatic!! I immediately jumped up and started packing!!
Later he told me he had practiced this whole speech, but didn't get to say any of it because I packed and went running out the door!!

 What I did ……....
Dinner with my old co-workers at Iguana Mexican Grill.
Dessert we had cupcakes from the cutest little place Pinkitzel.
Caught the end of the Thunder Game at a friend’s house. 
Checked into my suite at The Wohl's Bed & Breakfast.
Had a great breakfast & actually was able to enjoy a cup of coffee!
Met Housemom for Brunch at Cafe 501! (Our Spot)
Shopped, talked & enjoyed Edmond with Housemom.
Visited a friend’s house in the works! 
Drove around Edmond & caught up with Lori!
Girls’ night at Red Rock Grill & then back to Jana's for a chick flick! 
Sunday morning at Life Church and then lunch with the sweet family I use to babysit for.

Took a stroll around Hafer Park. (one of my favorite places)
Drove around Edmond a little more, picked up some treats for the girls & Ty!
 A fast drive home to see my three favorite faces!

It was such a relaxing and great time!! I loved seeing my dear friends that I don't get to see often enough! It was great visiting their homes. Most of them have moved since the last time I visited. So neat to see each of their personalities poured into their homes! The best part was being able to completely clear my head and not think about anything, but just enjoy the moment!! It was a much needed vacay for me!! It doesn't get better than excited faces to greet you everywhere you go....even when you get home!! Thank you to all of you that helped make this weekend happen!! Everything couldn't have worked out better!!























                                                                http://www.pinkitzel.com/



 



























No comments:

Post a Comment